without quotation marks?

  1. #1
    jfazz
    Guest

    without quotation marks?

    Hi, I need to save my file which contains a column that contains a number
    with quotation marks. My attempts so far at saving a comma delimited file
    produces 3 quotation marks intsead of my original 1 on each side of the
    number. In excel it appears as "5123" but after I save to comma delimited
    it appears as """5123""". Any thoughts on how to save just the single
    quotations?

  2. #2

    Re: without quotation marks?

    I would think writing a macro to export the data exactly the way you want it
    would be the way to go:

    Some samples:

    Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
    www.smokeylake.com/excel
    (or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

    Chip Pearson's:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

    J.E. McGimpsey's:
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

    Earl's program has a supports lots of different options. You may want to see if
    that works for you right out of the box.