How do I locate the excel sort file?

  1. #1
    Network
    Guest

    How do I locate the excel sort file?

    I need to somehow move the Data+sort+options file from one system to the next
    and I cannot seem to locate the file. Any help on this matter would be
    greatly appreciated.

    EJ

  2. #2

    Re: How do I locate the excel sort file?

    Are you asking about the custom lists that you see in that dialog?

    If yes, you can modify those lists manually via: Tools|Options|Custom lists

    You could use a couple of macros, too.

    The first exports the lists to a new worksheet.

    Then save the workbook and open it on a different pc.

    The second imports those extracted lists into excel on the new pc.

    Option Explicit
    Sub ExtractCustomList()

    Dim iCtr As Long
    Dim myArray As Variant
    Dim newWks As Worksheet

    Set newWks = Worksheets.Add
    newWks.Cells.NumberFormat = "@"

    For iCtr = 5 To Application.CustomListCount
    myArray = Application.GetCustomListContents(iCtr)
    newWks.Cells(1, iCtr - 4) _
    .Resize(UBound(myArray) - LBound(myArray) + 1).Value _
    = Application.Transpose(myArray)
    Next iCtr
    End Sub
    Sub ImportCustomList()

    Dim iCol As Long
    Dim wks As Worksheet
    Dim myArray As Variant

    Set wks = ActiveSheet

    With wks
    For iCol = 1 To .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
    myArray = .Range(.Cells(1, iCol), _
    .Cells(.Rows.Count, iCol).End(xlUp)).Value
    Application.AddCustomList listArray:=myArray
    Next iCol
    End With
    End Sub

  3. #3

    Re: How do I locate the excel sort file?

    ps...