HOW TO SET PAGE SIZE OF 3 INCHES HIGH BY 5 INCHES WIDE

  1. #1
    bean guy
    Guest

    HOW TO SET PAGE SIZE OF 3 INCHES HIGH BY 5 INCHES WIDE

    i am trying to print lables that are 3" by 5" on a tractor feed system
    printer and the page set up dose not allow me to change the size so it starts
    the next lable in the right spot.

  2. #2

    Re: HOW TO SET PAGE SIZE OF 3 INCHES HIGH BY 5 INCHES WIDE

    Without looking at all, do you know if Avery has the 3x5 labels (tractor feed).

    If they do, maybe you could just use excel as your database and use MSWord's
    mailmerge feature.

    Here are a couple of links:
    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge

    The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave
    Rado.

  3. #3
    Samrcat
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO SET PAGE SIZE OF 3 INCHES HIGH BY 5 INCHES WIDE

    We use a tractor feed printer for labels and in order to define the proper
    paper/lable size, In Windows XP, I defined a new form size:

    Go into your list of printeres (in classic mode: Start, Settings, Printers
    and Faxes)
    Choose FILE, Server Properties.
    Define the specs you need for your label if not already available.
    I created one 4x3 label with: paper size 4.75 inches wide, 3 inches tall
    Say ok to save your new paper definition.
    Then in your printer properties, define that paper as the default setting
    for the printer (instead of letter).

    You may also need to open your file (I use Excel), and manually switch to
    that printer and choose that paper choice in the printer properties. Once
    saved, that paper choice stays for that printer and the labels print
    properly, moving up only enough for one label at a time.

    -Sam