Highest High and Lowest Low

  1. #1

    Highest High and Lowest Low

    I have a spreadsheet with cells that update in real time. Is there a way to monitor the highest and lowest values in these cells? I would need to output the data to another cell so that every time the monitored cells hit a new high or low, the other cell would be updated. Thanks

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Highest High and Lowest Low

    In the cells that displays the max and min, enter formulas like

    =MAX(A1:A10)
    =MIN(A1:A10)

    but substitute your data range for A1:A10.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    "jimbob" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    jimbob

    I need to do this too.

    There is a way, it's been written on these boards before and involves about 5 or 6 cells and circular references. Quite complicated if I remember rightly. Do you think I can find it ???

    Hopefully someone will know.

    Just to re-state the problem;

    Recording the highest and lowest value that has ever appeared in a single cell.

    TIA.

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Highest High and Lowest Low

    Read this entire thread:

    http://tinyurl.com/l5qos

    Make sure you also follow the link near the bottom of the thread where Gord
    Dibben is mentioned. His suggestion is your BEST option.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Biff

    I'm not too bothered about losing data, as it's only looking at daily High - Lows values that are irrelevant the following day anyway.

    It works very well, many thanks.

    p.s. Not Biffer UK option trader are you per chance ?

  6. #6
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Highest High and Lowest Low

    >Not Biffer UK option trader are you per chance ?

    No, not me. I'm on the other side of the pond.

    Thanks for the feedback!

    Biff

    "OptionTrader" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    I tried both methods and neither does what I want. It just updates the cell with whatever value is in the cell I want monitored. I would think this is an easy task.......put highest vaue for B10 in D10 and put the lowest value for B10 in D12.