How do you print showing formulas in Excel 2000?

  1. #1
    Kim
    Guest

    How do you print showing formulas in Excel 2000?

    I teach in the public school system and I would like to check my students'
    spreadsheets by printing them with the formulas showing. I believe that
    printing with the formulas showing helps me make sure they understand
    formulas and functions. They are using Excel 2000.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: How do you print showing formulas in Excel 2000?

    Kim, you can toggle between formulas and valves with Ctrl+`, the key next to
    the 1, you may also want to have a look at some code by John Walkenbach to
    list formulas and there valves on a new sheet here

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do you print showing formulas in Excel 2000?

    Hit CTRL + `(above Tab key) to toggle view formulas on/off.

    Print the sheet with view on.

    Alternative and much less messy is to use a macro to list formulas, results and
    addressses on a seperate sheet for printing.

    Sub ListFormulas()
    'from John Walkenbach
    Dim FormulaCells As Range, cell As Range
    Dim FormulaSheet As Worksheet
    Dim Row As Integer
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    ' Create a Range object for all formula cells
    On Error Resume Next
    Set FormulaCells = Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlFormulas, 23)

    ' Exit if no formulas are found
    If FormulaCells Is Nothing Then
    MsgBox "No Formulas."
    Exit Sub
    End If

    ' Add a new worksheet
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Set FormulaSheet = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add
    FormulaSheet.Name = "Formulas in " & FormulaCells.Parent.Name

    ' Set up the column headings
    With FormulaSheet
    Range("A1") = "Address"
    Range("B1") = "Formula"
    Range("C1") = "Value"
    Range("A1:C1").Font.Bold = True
    End With

    ' Process each formula
    Row = 2
    For Each cell In FormulaCells
    Application.StatusBar = Format((Row - 1) / FormulaCells.Count, "0%")
    With FormulaSheet
    Cells(Row, 1) = cell.Address _
    (RowAbsolute:=False, ColumnAbsolute:=False)
    Cells(Row, 2) = " " & cell.Formula
    Cells(Row, 3) = cell.Value
    Row = Row + 1
    End With
    Next cell

    ' Adjust column widths
    FormulaSheet.Columns("A:C").Cells.WrapText = True ''AutoFit
    Application.StatusBar = False
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP