change range for pivot table on refresh

  1. #1
    Dan
    Guest

    change range for pivot table on refresh

    Hello,

    I have a pivot table which looks up a worksheet of data, who's range changes
    daily (ie some days the data worksheet is 50 rows long, sometimes 500).

    Is there any way to have the pivot select ALL rows of data without having to
    change the data range manually every day?

    Thanks very much,

    Dan

  2. #2

    Re: change range for pivot table on refresh

    Use a dynamic range that grows/contracts with your data.

    See Debra Dalgeish's site for some nice tips:
    http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    you could also define your pivot table data as being from an external data source .. ie the other spreadsheet which contains the data.
    (second radio button in step 1 of 3 in creating the PT).
    The additional rows will be automatically included without having to define a named range.
    regards..