Copy pivot table and get rid of connection

  1. #1
    California, USA
    MS-Off Ver

    Copy pivot table and get rid of connection

    Hi all.
    I am trying to copy a pivot table, but I don't want the formulas and data behind it.
    Is there an easy way to do it? I tried copy and cut, but it ends up keeping the data "behind" the table. I just want a "dummy" table to manipulate.

    Thx

  2. #2

    Re: Copy pivot table and get rid of connection

    How about
    select the table
    edit|copy
    edit|paste special|values

  3. #3
    California, USA
    MS-Off Ver

    Edit Copy

    CLOSE! You need to edit-->copy. then paste-->when the dialog box comes up, select VALUE.
    VOILA!

    MUCHAS GRACIAS, though.

  4. #4

    Re: Copy pivot table and get rid of connection

    I think going through the menu system should work, too.