Dividing a value list equall among multiple persons

  1. #1
    bf44qv1
    Guest

    Dividing a value list equall among multiple persons

    I need to divide multiple accounts among several account reps. Each account
    has a revenue amount, and each account rep should have a number of accounts
    with a near equal total of revenue. All reps do not have to have the same
    number of accounts. The spread should be based on total revenues. Any help
    would be appreciated. Thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor

    sharing the accounts

    You could make a list of all the accounts and then sort it into ascending order. Name this list "accounts"

    Say you have only 2 reps.

    assign large(accounts,1) large (accounts,3) etc to rep1
    assign large(accounts,2) large (accounts,4) etc to rep 1

    in other words you are assigning alternate accounts to the 2 reps.

    This does not guarantee equality, but you could fine tune manually, eg if one has 250000 more, look for a pair of accounts to exchange

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Dividing a value list equall among multiple persons

    There are three steps to perform the distribution:

    1. Divide the total revenue by the total number of reps. This gives the
    ideal solution, the goal. The goal probably can’t be reach perfectly, but
    move on the next step.
    2. Sort all the accounts descending so the first account in the list will
    have the largest value.
    3. Beginning with the first rep., start assigning accounts until just before
    the goal has been reached for the rep. (stop before going over goal).
    Continue for each rep. Until the list of accounts has been exhausted.

    --
    Gary's Student