Protect cells from If formulas

  1. #1
    Tim
    Guest

    Protect cells from If formulas

    I have a worksheet that uses a basic IF formula to copy data from another
    workbook that pulls information from 530 different cells.

    I copy this worksheet each month to get performance fiqures, but the
    workbook that i use to copy some of the data from is just overwrtten each
    month.

    This means that normally if you go back to an old months performance
    fiqures, it oulls the latest information through.

    By using cell protection will this stop this from happening??

    Tim

  2. #2

    Re: Protect cells from If formulas

    I think I would convert the formulas to values--so that they don't update.

    And save that copy with the static values as a new name so you can keep the
    formulas.