Mail Merge into Word 97

  1. #1
    ADJS
    Guest

    Mail Merge into Word 97

    Hi
    Can anyone advise me how to create an IF command in an Excel data source
    which will enable any letter created in word to include a sentence if the
    Postcode entered is included in the 'IF' cell.

    To clarify I need to input a sentence into a word document which has data
    entered via mail merge but only if the postode is equal to any one of three
    codes.

  2. #2
    Marvin P. Winterbottom
    Guest

    RE: Mail Merge into Word 97

    it might be faster just to sort the excel data, split it into two sheets, one
    with the 3 postal codes and one withtout, and do two different merges.

  3. #3
    Jay
    Guest

    Re: Mail Merge into Word 97

    > Can anyone advise me how to create an IF command in an Excel data
    > source which will enable any letter created in word to include a
    > sentence if the Postcode entered is included in the 'IF' cell.
    >
    > To clarify I need to input a sentence into a word document which has
    > data entered via mail merge but only if the postode is equal to any
    > one of three codes.

    Maybe it would work to have an "IF" column, where each cell evaluates to
    either an empty string or the desired sentence. Then include this as
    another merge field.