sounds in Excel

  1. #1
    Green Wizard
    Guest

    sounds in Excel

    In Excel (XP 2000 V.9) when I select 2 or more adjoining cells to centre and
    merge that already contain text I get the warning prompt window telling me
    that
    "The selection contains multiple data values. Merging in to obne cell will
    keep the upper-left most data only".
    I am amending a lot of data this way and the warning prompt SOUND that
    accompanies this message is driving me and my colleagues nuts. I have
    deselected "Provide feedback with sound" in Tools/Options/General. From the
    Sounds tab in "Sounds and Audio Devices" in Control Panel I have selected "No
    Sound Scheme" and made sure each program event is set to None.
    What next? Any ideas? :-{

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: sounds in Excel

    As a quick fix until something better comes along, just unplug the speakers,
    or just turn the volumne down to nothing...........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Green Wizard
    Guest

    RE: sounds in Excel

    Thanks Chuck. Unfortunately couldn't do that as no speakers showing up as
    attached, not even audio devices. So, via some IT support I have eventually
    had a small bit of programming called "silence" imported to my registry and
    this has cleared the problem.