I can't get a drop down list when a do a right click on a cell

  1. #1
    csanchez
    Guest

    I can't get a drop down list when a do a right click on a cell

    When I am in Excel and do a right mouse click I do not see the drop down list
    that shows the available commands (i.e. cut, copy, etc.).

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: I can't get a drop down list when a do a right click on a cell

    Perhaps your right-click has been altered by a macro you ran.

    Hit ALT + F11 to go to the VBEditor.

    Then View>Immediate Window.

    Copy/paste this line into the window and hit <enter>

    Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True

    OR copy/paste this sub to a module and run it.

    Sub reset()
    Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
    End Sub

    Do you now have a right-click menu?

    If so, I would start looking for what disabled it in the first place.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    csanchez
    Guest

    Re: I can't get a drop down list when a do a right click on a cell

    That fixed the problem. It must have been altered by a macro because it
    started happening after running a macro. Thanks!