Formatting the result of a VLookup / Custom Formatting

  1. #1

    Formatting the result of a VLookup / Custom Formatting

    Hi,

    I am having difficulty formatting a cell which contains both text and a
    VLOOKUP formulae.

    I have an example of the cell below:

    ="Here lies the text before Vlookup "
    &VLOOKUP($M$20,sheet1!$B$10:$L$1445,8,FALSE)&" Here lies follow-up
    text"

    The VLookup should return a date but instead is returning a string of
    numbers. I'm sure there is a way of setting the format within the
    formulae using dd/mm/yy somewhere. Could anyone tell me how to do this?

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Formatting the result of a VLookup / Custom Formatting

    .......&TEXT(VLOOKUP($M$20,sheet1!$B$10:$L$1445,8,FALSE),"dd/mm/yy")&.......

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten