Saving Large .xls file to external drives

  1. #1
    iumike2004
    Guest

    Saving Large .xls file to external drives

    When I try to save some large .xls files to an external drive, I get a
    warning that the disk is full and that the file cannot be saved. I know that
    there is more than enough room on the external drive to save these files (I'm
    saving 5.4 MB files to a drive with 36 GB of free space). Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: Saving Large .xls file to external drives

    "iumike2004" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > When I try to save some large .xls files to an external drive, I get a
    > warning that the disk is full and that the file cannot be saved. I know
    > that
    > there is more than enough room on the external drive to save these files
    > (I'm
    > saving 5.4 MB files to a drive with 36 GB of free space). Any
    > suggestions?

    What happens if you save the file first on your hard disk, and then try and
    copy it to the external disk? Any similar errors?

  3. #3
    iumike2004
    Guest

    Re: Saving Large .xls file to external drives

    Doug,

    That seems to work. Thanks.