Need help with SUMPRODUCT

  1. #1
    Looney
    Guest

    Need help with SUMPRODUCT

    I'm trying to add the values in SHEET B column C2:C100 but only if they meet
    two criterias. I want my answer in SHEET A colum h. In order to get a
    result, SHEET B column b2:b100 has to equal "Other Funds" and SHEET b column
    a2:a100 has to equal SHEET A column a1, a2, a3...

    I have tried using the following function but all I get is zeros.
    =SUMPRODUCT(--('SHEET B'!b2:b100="Other Funds"),--('SHEET B a2:a100='SHEET
    A'!A1),'SHEET B'!C2:C100)

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Need help with SUMPRODUCT

    Hi!

    --('SHEET B a2:a100='SHEET

    Other than the above typo, which would cause Excel to balk and throw up an
    error msg, there's nothing wrong with your formula so you should check your
    data.

    Things to check for:

    Leading and/or trailing spaces that you can't see.
    TEXT numbers instead of NUMERIC numbers in 'SHEET B'!C2:C100

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...