Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

text limit using a vlookup

  1. #1
    Dave D
    Guest

    text limit using a vlookup

    I'm using the vertical lookup function to fill in cells in a spreadsheet and
    for whatever reason part of the text gets cut off at the end. There are a
    good 20+ characters left off. When I open both files (the looker upper and
    the looker frommer) all of the text is filled in.

    Why does this happen, and what may be a solution?

  2. #2

    Re: text limit using a vlookup

    You'll only get 255 characters back when the "sending" workbook is closed. If
    you open the sending workbook (and recalc), you'll get the all the text.

    I don't know a workaround.

    (It's not just =vlookup()'s, either.)