Apps that transform csv into catalog-style database-driven sortable lists

  1. #1

    Apps that transform csv into catalog-style database-driven sortable lists

    Sites such as download.com, dealtime.com, shopping.com, and tucows.com,
    feature impressive sortable lists of products.

    What software that imports CSV can be used to generate database-driven
    sortable product listings such as shown on such sites?

    I am already able to get CSV into sortable (by javascript) HTML tables
    that do not use databases, but there are problems with this such as the
    slow sort time when there are many items, the inability to break the
    lists produced into several linked pages, the general clumsiness and
    lack of capabilities in the make-shift methods I use to do this, the
    integration of search functions that work with the lists.

    I have been having a hard time finding software that is worth the
    price, that can transform CSV output into the download.com etc type
    sortable lists.

    I have found some "shopping cart" softwares, but many of these
    softwares feature inadequate demos, or unreasonable prices given the
    capability of the software (ie, it costs $300 but judging from the
    demos the lists it produces are not sortable, and it cannot import CSV).

  2. #2
    Al Klein
    Guest

    Re: Apps that transform csv into catalog-style database-driven sortable lists

    On 14 Mar 2006 01:31:51 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >Sites such as download.com, dealtime.com, shopping.com, and tucows.com,
    >feature impressive sortable lists of products.

    >What software that imports CSV can be used to generate database-driven
    >sortable product listings such as shown on such sites?

    Access and MSSQL read CSV files.