Hide formulas but not lock cells or contents

  1. #1
    Gunjani
    Guest

    Hide formulas but not lock cells or contents

    I've created a worksheet which changes depending on the entry in the
    Data Validation list but I like to hide all the formulas in this
    worksheet.

    I've tried selecting hidden in the Format/Protection and then selecting
    lock cells Protect worksheet in Tools/Protection but then this does not
    allow to select the drop down menu in the Data Validation box.

    I dont want to lock cells as they change with dynamically with data
    validation input PLUS I use Auto Filters but how can I still hide the
    formulas.

    Any suggestions

    Thx

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Hide formulas but not lock cells or contents

    You COULD use Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False but the user can undo
    that if he knows how. You could also remove the command to turn it back on:
    Commandbars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("View").Controls("Formula
    Bar").Enabled = False
    but then the user can turn it back on from Tools/Options. But you can turn
    THAT off with
    Commandbars("Worksheet Menu
    Bar").Controls("Tools").Controls("Options...").Enabled = False
    Be sure to turn them all back when done!

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gunjani
    Guest

    Re: Hide formulas but not lock cells or contents

    I assume I have to create the below in Macro... I know nothing about
    Macros!!