Formatting a cell to calculate time.

  1. #1
    Lee
    Guest

    Formatting a cell to calculate time.

    I have a time sheet that has a group of cells that calculate vacation or sick
    time earned and used. How do I format a cell so that 0:45 shown in the cell
    means 45 minutes and not 12:45 am.
    --
    Lee Davenport

  2. #2
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Formatting a cell to calculate time.

    Custom formatting: [m]

    Regards,
    Stefi

    „Lee” ezt *rta:

  3. #3
    Lee
    Guest

    RE: Formatting a cell to calculate time.

    This is what I have. I have a time sheet that has an area that calculates
    vacation, sick, and comp time hours earned and used each month. It transfers
    ending balances automatically to the next sheet/month. This month, March, I
    had a beginning comp time balance of 45 minutes/:45 which is shown in cell
    O22 as 0:45. So far I have earned 2 hours and 45 minutes/2:45 in comp time
    shown in cell O25 as 2:45 and have used 3 hours and 30 minutes/3:30 of comp
    time shown in cell O23 as 3:30 leaving me with zero time currently. However
    the ending balance shown in cell O26 shows #########. The formula I have for
    cell O26 is =O22+O25-O23. I think my problem is that the cells are formatted
    so that the values shown are calculated as time of day instead of simply
    hours and minutes. Any fixes for this?
    --
    Lee Davenport

  4. #4
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Formatting a cell to calculate time.

    Hi Lee,

    The only problem I can think of is column width, because for me the values
    in your example gave 0:00 when column O was formatted h:mm, and 0 when
    formatted [m]. Increase column width, and post what happens!

    Regards,
    Stefi

    „Lee” ezt *rta: