Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Link to Internet, copy paste data from Web Page

  1. #1

    Link to Internet, copy paste data from Web Page

    I would like to be able to automate a task of clicking on a link in a
    spreadsheet and accessing specific data on a public internet web page
    (i.e. Address, City, State, Zip) and place this data into columns of
    the linked row. The data on the public internet web page is formatted
    exactly the same for every linked page. Each data element is prefixed
    with a description (i.e. "Address:", "City:" etc.).

    I want to do this to create a list of potential employers to whom I can
    mail a resume.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    I''m Still Here
    Guest

    RE: Link to Internet, copy paste data from Web Page

    I don't know how to do this. If I was trying to make the mailing list you're
    trying to make, I'd copy everything into Word, then creativily use
    Find/Replace until you got each employer isolated on one line. Then copy into
    excel, and mail merge back into word. It's not completely automated, so
    you'll need to make sure you do all of your searching first and then
    tweaking. FYI tab is ^t and paragraph return is ^p in the find/replace
    dialoge.

    Regards,

    "[email protected]" wrote:

    > I would like to be able to automate a task of clicking on a link in a
    > spreadsheet and accessing specific data on a public internet web page
    > (i.e. Address, City, State, Zip) and place this data into columns of
    > the linked row. The data on the public internet web page is formatted
    > exactly the same for every linked page. Each data element is prefixed
    > with a description (i.e. "Address:", "City:" etc.).
    >
    > I want to do this to create a list of potential employers to whom I can
    > mail a resume.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

Closed Thread