multiply all values in all cells by a factor

  1. #1

    multiply all values in all cells by a factor

    Hi,

    This is probably a basic question. Sorry for that, but I can't find the
    answer in the excel help file.

    I would like to multiply every cell in my excel document by 100. I
    don't want to create any new cells. How do I do this?

    Thanks
    Raoul

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: multiply all values in all cells by a factor

    enter a 100 in a cell and copy it. now highlight all the data and select
    Edit>Paste special...>Values and multiply...delete the original 100

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk