Navigate Excel with mouse wheel.

  1. #1
    Gene
    Guest

    Navigate Excel with mouse wheel.

    It would be nice if one could navigate Excel with the mouse wheel in the same
    way one can navigate a Visio diagram. Yes, one can scroll up and down with
    the mouse wheel (at least in Office 2003) but one cannot scroll left to right
    (i.e., by holding the <Shift> key while rolling the mouse wheel as one can in
    Viso). Excel worksheets can of course be quite large, so being able to
    quickly move around like that would be very useful.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: Navigate Excel with mouse wheel.

    "Gene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It would be nice if one could navigate Excel with the mouse wheel in the
    > same
    > way one can navigate a Visio diagram. Yes, one can scroll up and down with
    > the mouse wheel (at least in Office 2003) but one cannot scroll left to
    > right
    > (i.e., by holding the <Shift> key while rolling the mouse wheel as one can
    > in
    > Viso). Excel worksheets can of course be quite large, so being able to
    > quickly move around like that would be very useful.

    What's wrong with using the arrow keys??? Almost everything in Excel can be
    done faster via the keyboard.

  3. #3
    Gizmo63
    Guest

    RE: Navigate Excel with mouse wheel.

    Press and hold the wheel, then move the mouse left or right (works for up and
    down too!)

  4. #4
    Gene
    Guest

    RE: Navigate Excel with mouse wheel.

    Thank you. (Actually, Visio supports the "hold and drag" method as well.) I
    suppose it is that the roll of the mouse wheel is somewhat more precise and
    controlled. Moreover, the <Shift> + roll method works better in combination
    with the <Ctrl> + roll used for zoom. (I use the zoom feature often when
    producing a document for which appearance and layout is important.)

    Regarding using the keyboard, I am generally a big fan of using nothing but.
    (I tend to scare my co-workers with the number of bizarre keyboard short cuts
    that I've picked up over the years.) However, using <Ctrl> + the mouse wheel
    seems the easiest way to zoom in and out of a doc. (Yes, one can change the
    zoom via the keyboard as well, but that does not work particularly well when
    you don't know the zoom factor you want ahead of time!)

  5. #5
    Carole Drake
    Guest

    RE: Navigate Excel with mouse wheel.