Excel displaying images in one worksheet from another

  1. #1

    Excel displaying images in one worksheet from another

    I have to make a format for a purchase order which can be used for several divisions of a company

    At the top I would like the user to be able to select the logo and address header from their appropriate division.

    I guess it would be good to be able to call the image from another worksheet and not from a folder on the server.....I wold like the format to be independent of any data source....

    thanks for helping me with this relatively simple task:-)

  2. #2

    Re: Excel displaying images in one worksheet from another

    J.E. McGimpsey has a routine that hides/unhides pictures based on the value of a
    cell.
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

    And if you build a table of addresses, you might be able to use an =vlookup()
    formula to return the lines for the address.

    Top line of address:
    =if(a1="",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:g,2,false)
    Next line:
    =if(a1="",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:g,3,false)
    and subsequent:
    =if(a1="",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:g,4,false)

  3. #3

    Hi and thanks dave

    This is great info. Spent the night working on the excel sheet images example from the link you sent.

    havent really worked with excel before. Possibly a problem I have been having is in spanish version of windows, Office aps expect code to be written in spanish...which is a bit weird anyway, I made my example file as per the example, but an error shows, and I wonder if you could take a look at it. its probably something simple

    Could you check it?Please:-S