Setting default values in a drop down list in excel?

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Setting default values in a drop down list in excel?

    How do I set default values in a drop down list. I currently have a macro
    which resets the sheet (resets the order number and customer cell for
    example) but the options of the drop down menu cannot be reset this way. Can
    anyone help?

  2. #2
    Mitch
    Guest

    RE: Setting default values in a drop down list in excel?

    Dave,

    Did you solve this? I have the exact same question so if you have a
    solution, please let me know.

    Regards
    Mitch

  3. #3
    Dave
    Guest

    RE: Setting default values in a drop down list in excel?

    Yes and no.

    Here was my example. I sell furniture and wanted to write a program so that
    when a desk sells there is an option to sell 4 parts with 10 different
    colours. My problem was if only 3 parts were selected I wanted the colour to
    read blank or please select automatically. I wrote an if statement for each
    of the colours in the list which made the colour read 'please select' if the
    desk field was blank. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but it does the job.