I can see formula result when I step into it but not in the cell

  1. #1
    Benoit
    Guest

    I can see formula result when I step into it but not in the cell

    I copied a formula from a CD on applied quantitative technoques for trading
    onto another workbook.
    In the initial workbook, the formula started with { and finished with }.
    These do not appear in the one I copied. Does it make a difference?
    Second, when I use the formula in my sheet, I can see that it has a result
    when I step into it (ie launching the popup form), but no number appears in
    the cell. This is not an issue of number format: I tried everything and also
    have dependent formulae that return a div0 value. the formula I use is this:
    =AVERAGE((AG$4:AG$315-AG5:AG316)^2)
    Any help would be much appreciated

  2. #2
    ewan7279
    Guest

    RE: I can see formula result when I step into it but not in the cell

    Hi Benoit,

    The {} symbols indicate an array formula that has been executed with
    ctrl+shift+enter. This will return a result.

    Ewan.