how can I find merged cells in a large xl-file

  1. #1
    tvanellen
    Guest

    how can I find merged cells in a large xl-file

    I received a large xl-file, in which I want to execute some sorting
    operations. However, I get the error message that "this operation requires
    the merged cells to be identically sized". I guess some cells are merged, but
    does anybody know how I can quickly find the merged cells?

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: how can I find merged cells in a large xl-file

    Sub showMerged()
    Dim cell As Range
    For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells
    If cell.MergeCells Then
    MsgBox "cell " & cell.Address & vbLf & _
    "Merge area: " & cell.MergeArea.Address
    End If
    Next cell

    AP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    hai6734
    Guest

    RE: how can I find merged cells in a large xl-file

    the simple way is:
    - select all cells of the table which you want to sort data;
    - click menu Format \ Cell, and unchecked the Merge cell in Alignment tab

    now you can use sorting function ok

  4. #4
    tvanellen
    Guest

    Re: how can I find merged cells in a large xl-file

    thanx

  5. #5
    tvanellen

  6. #6
    Vivian H.
    Guest

    RE: how can I find merged cells in a large xl-file

    IThank You! i knew there had to be a select all option yet couldn't figure it
    out. This has solved many times of turmoil.
    Vivian H.