Private Revolving Loans

  1. #1

    Private Revolving Loans

    Hi,

    I am a cabinet maker who needs to borrow 30,000 from a friend because I

    tweaked my back for a few weeks and now have to catch up for the next
    few months. I want to be able to make a worksheet that allows me to
    give him a known interest rate and then apply the rest to the
    principal. I would love it if I could do it on any day of the month
    and not have it tied to a monthly period. It is essentially exactly
    what credit cards do. Ideally, it would show in columns what was paid,

    what day it was paid, how much went to interest for that month, how
    much went to principal, and how much principal remains. Incidentally,
    this would be great for just capital borrowing in general. The lender
    gets a fixed return, but I can write checks willy nilly. As an added
    tweak (just like the credit cards) if I don't make the interest in a
    month, I would love for the unmet interest to roll to the next month.

    Any ideas?

    Wouldn't it be cool if the lender could access this info on my webpage
    via a password!

    [email protected]

    PS If anyone could set this up I would be willing to pay something via

    check or paypal.

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Private Revolving Loans

    You've really described almost the entire process yourself. You need columns
    which show the balance, payments and interest charged.

    If you want freedom to pay whenever you want, you're better off using a running
    balance method (like a credit card), than allocating each payment to interest
    and principal (like a mortgage).

    Your columns would be date, payments, charges and balance. Every time you make a
    payment, calculate the interest which has accrued. If the starting balance at
    the beginning of the month was $25,000 and you make a payment on the 15th, the
    interest charge is 25000*15/365*rate. In addition to entering each payment, you
    would create an entry at the end of every month (or compounding period if
    different) to charge interest to that date.

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...