Finding the greatest value

  1. #1

    Finding the greatest value

    I need to determine the greatest value in a range of cells. The range is every 20th cell starting at J7 and ending and J531.
    The spreadsheet contains the results from a daily report (30 days worth). Each report is 20 rows. Out of those cells, I need to find the greatest value.

    Please help

    Ted

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Finding the greatest value

    Just use MAX( ) with an appropriate range. If you have 30 day's worth
    of data, then you would have 30 formulae, although I don't see how 20
    rows per day for 30 days gives a range from row 7 to row 531.

    Do you have a date column? If so, you could use this to determine the
    range for each MAX.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    If you like to see the largest vaule in column J then use this formula:

    =LARGE(J7:J531,1)

    But if you like to see the largest vaule every other 20 rows then in put this formula in cell K26 and copy it all the way down.

    =IF(MOD(ROW(J26)-ROW($J$7)+1,20)=0,LARGE(J7:J26,1),"")

  4. #4
    B. R.Ramachandran
    Guest

    RE: Finding the greatest value

    Hi,

    If you meant, finding the greatest value among J7, J27, J47, J67, .........,
    use the following array formula, and confirm with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER.

    =MAX(IF(MOD(ROW(J7:J531)-6,20)=0,J7:J531,-1E+100))

    Regards,
    B. R. Ramachandran

  5. #5
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Finding the greatest value

    Try this for a range of J7 to J587:

    =SUMPRODUCT(MAX((MOD(ROW(J7:J587)-7,20)=0)*J7:J587))
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    "t2true" <[email protected]> wrote in