Disabling "SAVE AS" option under "File"

  1. #1
    Bidyut Bhattacharjee
    Guest

    Disabling "SAVE AS" option under "File"

    Hi all,
    I want to share an excel file on the network. I don't want the users
    to Save As ,copy or paste the document beacause the information is sensitive.
    Please let me know how can i achive the purpose.

  2. #2
    Rebecca
    Guest

    RE: Disabling "SAVE AS" option under "File"

    Go to Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet

    If you uncheck the box, it essentially makes the worksheet a read only file.

  3. #3

    Re: Disabling "SAVE AS" option under "File"

    You won't be able to stop them.

    Heck, they could go into Windows explorer and copy that file and put it anywhere
    they want.

  4. #4
    Bidyut Bhattacharjee
    Guest

    RE: Disabling "SAVE AS" option under "File"

    Hi Rebecca,
    The problem is that I have 20 sheets.I have to enter the
    password 40 times to make the file read only.Anyways thanks for your response.

    Bidyut