color code cells based on golddigger formula

  1. #1
    Network Guru
    Guest

    color code cells based on golddigger formula

    Okay, I am using Excel to manage my dating life. I would like to color
    code desirable dates green, iffy ones yellow, and ones to avoid, red

    Here is my formula:

    golddigger ratio % = (cost of date/reaction of the date) x 2

    Reaction of date is from 1 to 5 with 1 being date was very dissatisfied, and
    5 being extremely happy.

    So assume I shell out 50 bux on a date (50 is my monthly dating budget) and
    date is a 1 on the happiness scale:

    (50/1)*2 = 100% There is a 100% probability my date was a golddigger

    40 dollars and a 2 on the happiness scale =

    (40/2) * 2= 40% chance of date being a golddigger.

    5 dollars on date and 5 on happiness scale =

    (5/5)*2 = 2% chance of being golddigger

    NOW hereis what I'd like to do: Color cells, green, yellow, or red

    0-33% Want cell colored Green
    34-66% Yellow
    67%-100% Red

    Esentially, I want to color code things to make selection process easier. Do
    I need a macro for this?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

  2. #2
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: color code cells based on golddigger formula

    Being an Excel developer & a person who pays exorbitant child support, I feel
    in the best position to answer this question

    You can use conditional formatting under the format menu. Check out
    LiarWife.com while your at it.

    --
    http://HelpExcel.com
    1-888-INGENIO

  3. #3
    Network Guru
    Guest

    Re: color code cells based on golddigger formula

    thanks for the info on conditional format , and your blog is interesting.
    I'll stay single after reading all this.

    http://mirrorofthesoul.blogspot.com/

    another blog you may find interesting. I got my golddigger formula from a
    posting this man made on another board. after reading this blog and your
    blog, i will stay single.

    news:[email protected]...