Excel Date Sort Format: Weekday, Month Day, Year

  1. #1

    Excel Date Sort Format: Weekday, Month Day, Year

    [Whenever I try to sort data in the format shown Wkdy, Month Day, Year; it reverts to some alphabetical crap by the leftmost item. I have 2000+ items I have randomly placed in this column and I just need the thing sorted or a format that will make it work. This shouldn't be this difficult. Don't tell me I have to delete the weekday or place it last to make it work.
    Last edited by mrsinnister; 03-23-2006 at 12:15 PM.

  2. #2

    Cool UPDATE: Dilemma

    I had to manually key in the numeric equivalent of the date after formating the corresponding column. If there is a way to just convert text to numeric, in case it happens to someone else, they will appreciate your solution. Now I know better.

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Excel Date Sort Format: Weekday, Month Day, Year

    Have a look at Step 3 in the Data |Text to Column
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme