blank list

  1. #1

    blank list

    Hello,

    I'm quite new to excel so please forgive me.
    I've concatenated two tables from a different worksheet ie
    =IF(NOT(ISBLANK(CONCATENATE(T_Locations!A2," ",T_Locations!B2))),CONCATENATE(T_Locations!A2," ",T_Locations!B2))
    I define this as say name
    I've now created a list on another worksheet and I use "name" as a reference point, the thing is as name populates the list remains empty. Do I need to do a vlookup or should it work????

    Thanks in advance

    Max

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: blank list

    I'd probably concatenate the info this way:

    T_LOCATIONS!A2 &" \"&T_LOCATIONS!B2

    You have an additional \ in your concatenate statement that may not work
    (after the first comma)

    T_LOCATIONS!A2,\" \",T_LOCATIONS!B2

    If you concatenate this together and A2 and B2 are blank, you'll always get
    " \", so it never will be blank.

    What exactly do you want to do with this?

  3. #3
    Hello,

    I'm trying to concatenate two columns of data in a different worksheet than they are currently in. To start with there will be no data in either column then a user will enter a name and address in the two columns respectively and populate the two columns accordingly.
    So in worksheet 2 these columns are located, I want to concatenate them in worksheet1 and then create a drop down list in say worksheet3 with this data.

    I thought I could just concatenate them in worksheet1, define the list and then create the list in worksheet3, so where am I going wrong?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: blank list

    I believe you need to have the information for the list on the same worksheet
    that is using the list. Someone else can confirm this.