Cool Feature - How do I do it?

  1. #1
    mnt
    Guest

    Cool Feature - How do I do it?

    Someone sent me a workbook with a worksheet that has an area above the column
    heading letters in which two buttons appear. These buttons are labeled 1 and
    2. Clicking on 2 displays rows that are hidden and shows a spanning line
    over those columns. Clicking on 1 hides those rows.

    I've searched for Custom Views, macros, etc. and can't find anything that is
    the definition of these buttons. How can something like this be created? I
    can email a jpg of the worksheet to show the buttons, if this is not clear.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: Cool Feature - How do I do it?

    Open your work book that contains the command buttons and press Alt+F11 to
    open the VBE (Visual Basic Editor) and search to see if there are any modules
    containing VBA code that hides/unhides columns. If not, right click on any
    visible toolbar and select the Control Toolbox toolbar.

    On this tool bar is a design button that has a triangle/pencil/ruler icon,
    click this to go into design mode. Right clck on one of your command buttons
    and select View Code from the short cut menu. The macro code may be assigned
    to the button.

    --
    Kevin Backmann

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Cool Feature - How do I do it?

    go to a new workbook.

    select several adjacent columns

    go to
    Data=>Group and Outline and click the group button

    Tom Ogilvy

  4. #4
    GlennMc
    Guest

    RE: Cool Feature - How do I do it?

    This sounds like the group command. The tool button are available from the
    Tools menu, Customize, Data category. In Excel 2003 the buttons are green
    arrows pointing right (group) and left (ungroup). if you highlight a set of
    rows or columns and then select the group button, you will see the buttons
    appear that you spoke about.
    --
    GlennMc