Arrow Keys Acting Wierd

  1. #1
    Spartanburg, SC

    Arrow Keys Acting Wierd

    This is an odd question, I know, but recently my Excel program has undergone a change and I don't know how to reverse it.

    Entering in my store data, I need to be able to rapidly move from cel to cel. Used to be I could hit my arrow key and it would immediately move me to the next cel, be that up, down, left, or right.

    Something happened the other day. I opened up the program, filled in one cell, and hit the arrow button. Instead of moving to the next cel, it moved the status bar at the bottom of the page, scrolling me over to the next column without actually moving the selected cel. I've been working in Excel for several years and never hit this behavior before. Can anyone assist?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Arrow Keys Acting Wierd

    Hit the Scroll lock again

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    (remove ^^ from email address)

    Portland, Oregon

    "pkbro" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Niloy
    Guest

    Arrow Keys Acting Wierd

    Hi,
    I am Alauddin.
    I have a problem using Excel.
    When I press the arrow button. Instead of moving to the next cel,
    it moved the scroll bar at the bottom of the page, scrolling me over to
    the next column without actually moving the selected cel.

    So any can help me? I will be greatfull to you.

    Thanks

    Mohammad Alauddin
    email: [email protected],
    [email protected],
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Arrow Keys Acting Wierd

    Your scroll lock key is probably on. Turn it off. (It is
    typically located above the Home and End keys.)

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Arrow Keys Acting Wierd

    You have pressed the scroll lock key. Press it again to unlock it.

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

  6. #6