Copy code to a new spreadsheet

  1. #1

    Copy code to a new spreadsheet

    I have some code which highlights the active row on a spreadsheet.

    I use this quite often and at the moment I copy and paste it from spreadsheet to spreadsheet.

    Is there any way to automate this? e.g. perhaps a customised button on the toolbar that copies the code to my open spreadsheet

    Thanks

    Markl

  2. #2
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Copy code to a new spreadsheet

    Markl wrote:
    > I have some code which highlights the active row on a spreadsheet.
    >
    > I use this quite often and at the moment I copy and paste it from
    > spreadsheet to spreadsheet.
    >
    > Is there any way to automate this? e.g. perhaps a customised button on
    > the toolbar that copies the code to my open spreadsheet
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Markl

    Why not just put it into your personal macro workbook, then it is available
    to all. Or make it into an addin, then you can distribute it.

  3. #3
    Excuse my ignorance but how would I do this?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Paul Lautman

    Markl wrote:
    > Excuse my ignorance but how would I do this?
    >
    > Thanks

    Easiest way to find your personal macro worksheet is to record a macro and
    in the "Store macro in..." box select Personal Macro workbook.

    Then when you go into the VBA editor, you PERSONAL.XLS in the project
    explorer and you can easily add your stuff to it.

    To save as an addin, just go to File->Save As... and Excel addin is the last
    one in the "Save as type:" list.