Excel file 4MB.Copied sheets to a new file.Now=64Kb-easier way?

  1. #1
    Suza
    Guest

    Excel file 4MB.Copied sheets to a new file.Now=64Kb-easier way?

    One of my often used files is now 4MB which by copying individual sheets to a
    new file, this became 64kb. This took a while and I had equally to reset up
    freeze panes, column widths etc.

    There must be an easier way? I feel that my file needs 'defrag'ing in Excel
    speak? Compressing? What is the answer/key word to find out how to do this.
    This is not the first time this has happened. I am sure this is a common
    problem with an easy solution?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Excel file 4MB.Copied sheets to a new file.Now=64Kb-easier way?

    See

    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3

    Re: Excel file 4MB.Copied sheets to a new file.Now=64Kb-easier way?

    You may want to see if you have any hidden shapes/pictures/controls on those
    worksheets.