help creating a macro in excel that opens a specific word document

  1. #1
    Prohock
    Guest

    help creating a macro in excel that opens a specific word document

    I would like to create a macro in excel that loads a specific word document
    in MSword! Any Ideas?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: help creating a macro in excel that opens a specific word document

    Try:

    Sub Macro1()
    x = Shell("cmd.exe /c C:\Userguide.doc", 1)
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Prohock
    Guest

    RE: help creating a macro in excel that opens a specific word docu

    Hi Gary, Sorry I am very new to this. How do I set the "x" variable so that
    this can work?

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: help creating a macro in excel that opens a specific word docu

    The code will set it.
    --
    Gary''s Student