Change Excel Find & Replace Options Defaults

  1. #1
    Rocky Lane
    Guest

    Change Excel Find & Replace Options Defaults

    Office Professional 2003

    Under Excel Find & Replace Options, there are 3 drop down boxes:
    Within: default is Sheet
    Search: default is Rows
    Look In: default is Formulas

    I want to permanently change:
    Search default = Columns
    Look In default = Values

    Can this be done? If so, how - registry modification maybe? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Change Excel Find & Replace Options Defaults

    how about a macro you assign to a button or shape. I just recorded this. Add
    an input box for what and another input box for replacement and modify to
    suit.

    Sub Macro9()
    '
    ' Macro9 Macro
    ' Macro recorded 3/29/2006 by Don Guillett
    '

    '
    Cells.Select
    Selection.Replace What:="aa", Replacement:="dd", LookAt:=xlWhole, _
    SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
    ReplaceFormat:=False
    Range("H17").Select
    End Sub

    modified
    Sub replacestuff()
    mywhat = InputBox("what to replace")
    myrepl = InputBox("replacement")
    Sheets("sheet9").Cells.Replace What:=mywhat, Replacement:=myrepl,
    LookAt:=xlWhole, _
    SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
    ReplaceFormat:=False

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]