Terrible Excel Ruined My Chances of Graduation

  1. #1
    David
    Guest

    Terrible Excel Ruined My Chances of Graduation

    The most wonderful thing happened. I was performing a 3 year extended
    forecast for an end-of-the-year business class project that I have been
    working on for eons and in a moment it was gone, saved, and the wonderful
    "Can't Undo" was smiling at me from my edit menu. I clicked and dragged to
    fill out formulas across columns, then tried to click back to A1, and
    basically my row 1 filled columns A and B down every single row Excel offers
    filled with the words I had typed there "Financials" "3 Year Extended
    Forecast". It is gone. I tried to save another file, and searched it
    desperately for my data, but it is gone. I will -never- NEVER purchase
    another Microsoft Office software package and will simply opt for the
    OpenOffice Solution. I have always been an Microsoft advocate and have been
    pleased with the quality of its products until this point. This was not a
    user error, this is the fault of your programmers. As a newly employed
    consultant, I will also ensure that none of my global clients ever purchase a
    Microsoft Office license. This event makes it crystal clear that just shy of
    complete ineptitude, Microsoft's inability to foresee problems in the
    user-experience is astounding. Excel "Can't Undo" it's own glitch and the
    auto-saved 'hidden' versions... gone. Kaput once I closed the program in
    frustration.

    AND YOU WANT TO CHARGE ME $35 TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT SO YOU CAN TELL ME THAT
    THERE IS NO FIX. Insane.

    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Terrible Excel Ruined My Chances of Graduation

    .... And I wouldn't employ you as a consultant, if having worked on a project
    for eons, you didn't (apparently) have backups/versions of your work!

    A hard lesson but learn from it!