confused on two formulas

  1. #1
    LInda
    Guest

    confused on two formulas

    Just learning about these functions...
    Have one column, c4-c34 and when complete it will have cells with numbers
    and cells left blank.
    I need totals on both.
    cells with numbers: =counta(c4:c34) This works, (received the answer from
    the perusing the disscussion list)

    cells blank: =countif(c4:c34,0). Does not work unless I put a zero in each
    blank and then that affects the count of the cells wth numbers in them.

    How do I count blank cells? c4 to c34 = 31 cells. I haven't found the
    formula yet.

    Linda

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: confused on two formulas

    Try using the CountBlank(Range) function.

    Example:

    COUNTBLANK(B2:C5)
    --
    Kevin Backmann