how can I remove a dropdown list from my worksheet

  1. #1
    Boomer
    Guest

    how can I remove a dropdown list from my worksheet

    I have a worksheet that has a dropdown list in it that I cannot remove. The
    validation tools does not clear it, nor can I find the actual list anywhere
    in the workbook. I need to clear the list but keep the value in the cells.
    Any Ideas?

  2. #2
    Nuraq
    Guest

    Re: how can I remove a dropdown list from my worksheet

    If it is not defined as a list in the validation tools, then it is possibly
    added as a control. Activate your Controls menu (View->Toolbars->Control
    Toolbox), and make sure you are in design mode by hovering over the top-left
    icon. It will either say "design mode" or "exit design mode". If it says
    "design mode", click on it. You should now be able to select your dropdown
    list and delete it.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    paul
    Guest

    Re: how can I remove a dropdown list from my worksheet

    if it doesnt respond to that it might e a combobox from the forms
    toolbar.right click on it and select format control and you will see where
    the source list is,could be on another worksheet ,maybe hidden.Once you have
    tracked that down,right click on the dropdown again and cut.....and dont
    paste anywhere....
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!

  4. #4
    Boomer
    Guest

    Re: how can I remove a dropdown list from my worksheet

    I believe the list is in a workbook from the person that sent me the data I
    am wokring on, so I do not have the dropdown list.
    I tried your suggestion and the control format box did tell me there are 8
    lines in the dropdown list but did not give the location. If the location was
    in another workbook that I do not have then the software would not be able to
    tell me where this list is, correct?

  5. #5
    Boomer
    Guest

    Re: how can I remove a dropdown list from my worksheet

    Thanks for responding, I did turn on the design mode from the control toolbox
    and then was able to see the dropdown list by right clicking the cell and
    choosing pick from drop down list but am still not able to remove the
    dropdown list from my worksheet. How do I 'select' the list?