Problem inserting a picture in Excel that ONLY shows when clicked

  1. #1
    Blackgammon
    Guest

    Problem inserting a picture in Excel that ONLY shows when clicked

    Hi

    Using Excel 2003 as database. Want to insert client's picture(s) in their
    file for easy reference.

    How do I insert a picture that ONLY shows when I click on it. Right now,
    when I insert a jpg, the picture bleeds over the other rows/columns and is
    always there. When I move away from the cell, I want the picture to disappear.

    Cheers!

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Problem inserting a picture in Excel that ONLY shows when clicked

    You could insert the picture into a Comment. This will show the picture
    whenever the mouse pointer is hovering over that cell.

    Select your cell
    Right-click and select "Insert Comment
    Delete any default text that appears
    Right-click the border of the comment and select "Format Comment"
    Select the "Colors and Lines" tab
    For the Fill Color, select "Fill Effects"
    Select the "Picture" tab
    Click "Select Picture"
    Find your picture fill and click "Insert"
    Click OK
    Click OK

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    Brainless_in_Boston
    Guest

    RE: Problem inserting a picture in Excel that ONLY shows when clic

    Dear Elkar -

    THANK YOU for posting this amazing reply!! I had no idea that a comment
    could be used for this! And, I've been using Excel for a good decade. Very,
    VERY cool post. Thanks, again.

    Mark

  4. #4
    Brainless_in_Boston
    Guest

    RE: Problem inserting a picture in Excel that ONLY shows when clic

    Quick follow-up - I have my name (only) appearing as default text in a
    comment. I did NOT delete it, and could still insert a picture int the
    comment.

    Thanks!

    Mark