Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. HELP!

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    United States
    MS-Off Ver
    Office XP and Office 2003

    Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. HELP!

    The past few days, since March 31st, we have been receiving alot of error reports from our users that have encountered the "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." problem. We (the developers) have not been able to reproduce these problems. Alot of the problems are happening when the users are using buttons on the sheets. For the buttons, we use a command button object. For example one of them has =EMBED("Forms.CommandButton.1",""). Is there anything that can be triggering these problems all of a sudden?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. HELP!

    Since March 31st means since April Fool's day (Apr 1). Could anyone have
    been passing around a joke addin?

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    United States
    MS-Off Ver
    Office XP and Office 2003
    I don't think they were passing an add-in around. I asked several of the people having the problem and only one of them had some add-ins checked under Tools - Add-Ins. The rest of them had no add-ins.