Making checkboxes mutually exclusive

  1. #1
    instructorjml
    Guest

    Making checkboxes mutually exclusive

    I have a workbook that has multiple sheets and is using checkboxes that are
    checked for a list of questions that have YES, NO, and N/A as possible
    Since only one response can be correct, it is possible to make sure that only
    one answer can be given for each question? Is there anything that can be done
    with an IF statement to make this work?

  2. #2
    Pauwl
    Guest

    RE: Making checkboxes mutually exclusive

    Hi,

    looks to me like you want to use an Option Buttion (previously called Radio
    buttons - if , like me you're the age that you can remember what real
    push-buttons looked like on a car-radio).

    Add the Option Buttons from the toolbox, and make sure that 'GroupName'
    property is set correctly identifying the various groups of buttons you want.

    regards,

    PauwlL

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Making checkboxes mutually exclusive

    Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's Contextures website:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html

    That link showcases Dave Peterson's code that builds the form automatically
    for you.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  4. #4
    instructorjml
    Guest

    RE: Making checkboxes mutually exclusive

    I think you are correct that Option Buttons would be the answer. I also need
    to tally those responses; can I assign a value to the cell that can be added
    or can the button automatically equal 1 if selected and 0 if not selected?
    Also, it seems to me that the forms toolbar is the one to use for this--am I
    correct?