refresh pivot tables

  1. #1
    bp
    Guest

    refresh pivot tables

    if i have my pivot table not set to refresh on open.
    is there a way to refresh all of them at once. when i want them to be
    refreshed?
    does F9 do this?
    from the help, F9 says this:

    Calculates all worksheets in all open workbooks.
    F9 followed by ENTER (or followed by CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER for array formulas)
    calculates the selected a portion of a formula and replaces the selected
    portion with the calculated value.

    SHIFT+F9 calculates the active worksheet.

    CTRL+ALT+F9 calculates all worksheets in all open workbooks, regardless of
    whether they have changed since the last calculation.

    CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F9 rechecks dependent formulas, and then calculates all cells
    in all open workbooks, including cells not marked as needing to be
    calculated.

    CTRL+F9 minimizes a workbook window to an icon.

    "Calculates all worksheets in all open workbooks" --- does this mean pivot
    tables?

    thanks for any help!

  2. #2
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: refresh pivot tables

    Click on <Data><Refresh Data>

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:ukA$K%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bp
    Guest

    Re: refresh pivot tables

    but this menu only shows up when your on a table?
    what if you have like 10 tables? or more?
    is there a way to refresh them all?

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: refresh pivot tables

    Update one and you update all of them together - unless there's a config
    somewhere.

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: refresh pivot tables

    Choose View>Toolbars, and select the External Data toolbar
    To update all the pivot tables and external data ranges, click the
    Refresh All button.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures