Can you set up Excel to automatically add a standard footer?

  1. #1
    James
    Guest

    Can you set up Excel to automatically add a standard footer?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can you set up Excel to automatically add a standard footer?

    James

    Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish, including your footer. File>Save
    As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook
    "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

    Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

    This will be the default workbook for File>New

    Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

    You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
    you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
    the default Insert>Sheet.

    More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:04:05 -0700, James <[email protected]>

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Patricia Shannon
    Guest

    Re: Can you set up Excel to automatically add a standard footer?

    What causes some of the original messages to be blank, such as in this case?
    I can see the reply fine. I've noticed the same thing in several places.
    Obviously, the people who reply can read the original msg

  4. #4
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Can you set up Excel to automatically add a standard footer?

    "Patricia Shannon" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > What causes some of the original messages to be blank, such as in this
    > case?
    > I can see the reply fine. I've noticed the same thing in several places.
    > Obviously, the people who reply can read the original msg

    The original message was blank because the OP didn't put anything in the
    message body. The people who reply presumably read the question in the
    subject line, though many participants in newsgroups will ignore questions
    posed that way.
    --
    David Biddulph