Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

IF Statement with multiple conditions

  1. #1
    Ladypep
    Guest

    IF Statement with multiple conditions

    I have a workbook that is basically a check register that include these
    fields: Deposits, Withdrawals, Ending Balance, Fees, Balance After Fees. The
    Fees field is to show charges for overdraft fees (if any), so the statement
    in that field says if the ending balance is less than zero, then post 10.00
    in the Fees field, if not, post 0.

    That part works fine. However, because I have filled my formulas down, in
    those rows that there have been no transactions (deposits, withdrawals), if
    the last transaction created a negative balance and posted 10.00 in the Fee
    field, then it continues to subtract 10.00 all the way down for the remaining
    balances, which is incorrect.

    I am trying to find a way to write a statement that basically says - If
    there are no deposits and no withdrawals then I want the Fees field to be
    blank so that it does not subtract from the balance so that the balance just
    fills down.

    --
    Sherry

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: IF Statement with multiple conditions

    I doubt a deposit would generate overdraft fees, even if you still had a
    negative balance. So I think the test should be balance < 0 and withdrawal >
    0.
    =if(and(balance_cell < 0, withdrawal_cell > 0),10,"")

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: IF Statement with multiple conditions

    Something like:

    =if(and(deposits=o,withdrawals=0),0,If(endingbalance<0,10,0))

    If deposits/withdrawals ar both ), set to 0 else test endingbalance < 0, if
    true set to 10 otherwise 0.

    HTH

  4. #4
    Hans Knudsen
    Guest

    Re: IF Statement with multiple conditions

    Maybe like this
    =(D2<0)*OR(B2<>0;C2<>0)*10
    where D2 is Ending Balance, B2 Deposit and C2 Withdrawal.
    Then you get zero in the Fees cells. You can the get a blank instead of zero (if you want) by means of for example conditional
    formatting. (white font on white background).

    Hans

    "Ladypep" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
    >I have a workbook that is basically a check register that include these
    > fields: Deposits, Withdrawals, Ending Balance, Fees, Balance After Fees. The
    > Fees field is to show charges for overdraft fees (if any), so the statement
    > in that field says if the ending balance is less than zero, then post 10.00
    > in the Fees field, if not, post 0.
    >
    > That part works fine. However, because I have filled my formulas down, in
    > those rows that there have been no transactions (deposits, withdrawals), if
    > the last transaction created a negative balance and posted 10.00 in the Fee
    > field, then it continues to subtract 10.00 all the way down for the remaining
    > balances, which is incorrect.
    >
    > I am trying to find a way to write a statement that basically says - If
    > there are no deposits and no withdrawals then I want the Fees field to be
    > blank so that it does not subtract from the balance so that the balance just
    > fills down.
    >
    > --
    > Sherry

Closed Thread