e-mail from excel when outlook is not in use

  1. #1
    Jignesh Khandwala
    Guest

    e-mail from excel when outlook is not in use

    I was using Outlook express and now using outlook 2003. Earlier, I was used
    to send e-mail from excel by selecting range. The mails were going to the
    receipents even if my outlook express was not active or not in use. With
    Outlook 2003, when i send a mail from excel 2003, e-mail gets through only if
    outlook 2003 is active or running. When outlook 2003 is closed or inactive,
    and if i try to send the e-mail from excel, i do not get any error message.
    When i open the outlook 2003, that message is found in outbox and on clicking
    send / receive mail gets delivered. I need help to configure this operation
    as : I want to have :: mail should go from excel even if my outlook is closed
    or inactive.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: e-mail from excel when outlook is not in use

    Hi Jignesh

    Try this

    Tools>Options>Mail Setup in the Outlook menu.
    "send immediately when connect" in the options.

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David
    Guest

    Re: e-mail from excel when outlook is not in use

    Ron de Bruin wrote

    > Hi Jignesh
    >
    > Try this
    >
    > Tools>Options>Mail Setup in the Outlook menu.
    > "send immediately when connect" in the options.

    I've got that option checked in Outlook 2000. I have the same experience as
    the OP. Unless I open Outlook, mail is not sent from Excel. Once Outlook is
    opened, file appears briefly in Outbox, then gets sent.

    --
    David

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: e-mail from excel when outlook is not in use

    Hi David

    I have OE as my default program to send mail from Office but I see if I see the same problem when I change to Outlook
    I post back

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: e-mail from excel when outlook is not in use

    Same for me but now I rememeber why I not search for a solution because when you check
    "send immediately when connect" it is posible that you get this problem when it is working

    It will not close the Outlook process after the mail is sent in the Task Manager

    You can search the Outlook groups for a solution

    I always use CDO for if I want to do things that OE not can do
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  6. #6
    David
    Guest

    Re: e-mail from excel when outlook is not in use

    Ron de Bruin wrote

    > Same for me but now I rememeber why I not search for a solution
    > because when you check "send immediately when connect" it is posible
    > that you get this problem when it is working
    >
    > It will not close the Outlook process after the mail is sent in the
    > Task Manager
    >
    > You can search the Outlook groups for a solution
    >

    > I always use CDO for if I want to do things that OE not can do
    > http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

    Thanks for confirming that it is not just me... and for the advice.

    --
    David