Ranking of golfers

  1. #1
    Tommy
    Guest

    Ranking of golfers

    I have a program setup that I enter scores for golfers. Each team has 5
    players, what I want to do is enter the score and it automatically fills in
    on page 2 with the lowest score first. I would like this to happen everytime
    I enter a score. Here is what I have on the first page.

    player 1 80 81 161 player 1 79 80 159

    this is done for 5 players per team and I have 6 teams.

  2. #2
    Jordun
    Guest

    RE: Ranking of golfers

  3. #3
    JorDun
    Guest

    RE: Ranking of golfers

    Hi
    you can use the RANK function toget the relative position of each golfer.
    Then retrieve the name (if that was your intention) in a second sheet with
    VLOOKUP. Use the MIN function as argument in the VLOOKUP function to get the
    player with the lower score.
    Another way could be using INDEX referimg to the RANK function.
    You can find a post about using RANK function in my blog.

    --
    Every complex problem has a simple, easy to understand, wrong answer

    http://www.jldexcel.blogspot.com
    http://www.jldexcelsp.blogspot.com

  4. #4
    Tommy
    Guest

    RE: Ranking of golfers

    i've tried the rank but with the teams side by side it didn't work. maybe
    I'm doing that wrong, but I can't get it to work.

  5. #5
    Hi

    can you upload a snapshot of your worksheet so I can get an idea of the problem? Or send me the file by e-mail and I will take a look

  6. #6
    Tommy
    Guest

    Re: Ranking of golfers

    I just sent it via email at 11:53 cst, I go to work at 2:00 so I will not
    reply until 11:00 or later night.

    thank you