I need formula help or create a macro to copy and paste value only

  1. #1
    Rebecca
    Guest

    I need formula help or create a macro to copy and paste value only

    I need to have values retained in cells and deactivate formula after use so
    the subsequent formula can access same criteria cell for new information only
    to be placed in new cells.

    Steps:

    Report downloaded each month onto Spreadsheet entitled 1.

    Title page (Natl Rank) for report reads current Month.
    =IF('Natl Rank!$C$1="Month of March 06",'1'!$C$26."")
    Enters value in cell based on C1 text reading "Month of March 06"

    Cells directly to theright of the March cells are April cells.
    Following month same cell Natl Rank C1 text gets changed to read Month of
    April
    =IF('Natl Rank!$C$1="Month of April 06",'1'!$C$27."")

    March column goes blank. April column fills in

    I need the data collected for March to be retained somehow but the report
    that this data is coming from is over written each month. New month's data
    is to be placed in cells next to the preexisting March data. If I change the
    text to read Month of April from March my cells for March go blank. When I
    overwrite the existing report for the new months data, the data inside the
    March cells change and shouldn't, --

    Should I create a macro to copy the March data before the new download and
    Paste Special the values? If I do that then I am wiping out my formulas I go
    but get to retain the data.
    Rebecca

    --
    Rebecca

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: I need formula help or create a macro to copy and paste value only

    have a look in help index for OFFSET

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rebecca
    Guest

    Re: I need formula help or create a macro to copy and paste value

    Offset doesn't seem to pertain. I am not trying to calculate rows and
    colums. I am trying to maintain a value that is pulled in by a formula. The
    problem is the source data changes each month and the new information should
    go into other cells. I need a formula that will automcatically pull
    information in and make it resident on that cell so that when I download the
    new information the next month it won't get copied over.

    My formular tell excel (if cell reads X month & year, then collect
    information from X cell and place it here) I will not only download the new
    information onto the old but will change the Month name in the X cell. So if
    that formula is still active it will now see that it does not read (March 06)
    anymore and will place blanks in those end cells.

    Does this make sense. I am so sorry, I know it's confusing
    --
    Rebecca

  4. #4
    Rebecca
    Guest

    Re: I need formula help or create a macro to copy and paste value

    What I kind of want to say is now that I have the formula to get the right
    information based on the right criteria, is there a way to make it perform as
    a one time use, kind of thing. I need it (the formula) turned off after it
    pulls the information in one time so the information that it collects remains
    in those cells as hard values and the formula never pulls anything else after
    that. Since my information on the report that this formula is getting it's
    data from will change I don't want it to pick up on any new information.
    --
    Rebecca

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: I need formula help or create a macro to copy and paste value

    You can

    copy>paste values (use the available icons)
    or
    have a macro that does the calculation and just leaves the values

    Sub makeformula()'example
    Range("a12") = Range("e2") * 22